Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Is It Bad To Blog At Work?

In a previous post I briefly talked about my current job, but I thought it would be interesting to write more on work, jobs, careers (well mine mostly) + a dash of venting mixed in as I am going to be the designated unemployed in less than a month. 
 
Where to begin???
 
Ok so currently I work in the government, I got my position as a student (which I still am classified as) and my contract is ending rather soon.  Since I am a post secondary graduate I am obviously looking to start my career, get morel experience and a nice pay increase.  But what have I gotten instead of that? A big fat middle finger that might as well be used to probe those spaces that men (generally) do not want probed.  I mean common, I have been working here for almost 2 years now?  I do good work, im nice to EVERYONE, and smart enough to do most of the jobs around here (with training at least).   So instead of giving me a job, they give a pat on the back and a "see ya later", and you know what, ILL TAKE IT!
 
Screw you govt of Canada! (they cant see this right?) I have bled for you for 2 years and this is how you treat me!? Good riddance!  Does anyone else feel that way about their jobs?  I mean hell ya if they were to offer me 50K a year to sit around here and do what I do (umm nothing/ blog apparently) then hell ya I would take it, but honestly, I would almost rather move on.  So many people I see around here with these boring ass, good paying, govt jobs, think they are kings of the world because they have it easy and life is stable, but really they are not living their lives as far as I can see. 
 
What about potential? What about self-worth? What about the things you wanted to do when you were a child/ teen/ university student?  I can bet you the little money I have that none of them aspired to work right where they are now.  One thing that bothers me quite a bit are the vacations here too; all the people that go on their 2-4 week vacations while I am stuck here without one (lol), the people that I ask "oh 4 weeks huh, you going anywhere" which 99% of them respond "no, just staying around the house, relaxing" ummm...derr, wtf people! You cant take a week of that and go somewhere nice?  or go CRAZY and go somewhere for 2-4 weeks!? *ps, bitch lady beside me is being bitchy to someone on the phone as we speak lol*
 
Anyway, I would be just as happy to leave this position as I would be to stay, actually, I would be more happy to leave for sure!  That clearly is not a good work environment, I really do not like coming to work anymore, the days are long if I can not find anything non-work related to research on my own.  So I will soon hopefully go through a rebirth when I find a position which I like, at a company which I like, that pays me enough to pay the bills and save for a house that I will hopefully be purchasing with my wonderful girlfriend next year :D.
 
I always thought that after being done university it would be easy to find a job you know, but it really is not a cake walk like we all think.  It is even worse trying to get in the govt if you are not bilingual.. omg I am not even going to get started on that, another time.  Anyway, I have always had this crazy notion that I would have a great job and it is depressing thinking that now this dream will not come true.  I believe so much in living your life that it is a constant struggle to aspire for greatness in my career as well, because I feel that it will just consume my life, I just want to be happy.  I think I will just have to get rich and work for myself!
 
What about you reader(s)? lol  Do you question your current position? Are you happy going to work? Do you think that you SHOULD be happy going to work?  I for sure do, maybe no one is actually happy going to work and I am just living in a dreamworld... But I mean, you work around 30 years of your life right, should we not be happy during that time, or should we be stressed, annoyed, bored, etc.?  I know money makes the world go round, but I think we should all focus on finding that medium of work and play and not focus so much on work.  Sometimes I want to just leave this country and retire at 35, go somewhere nice and cheap!  Who is with me!?  Who is reading this? lol.. its fine, I will go with my wonderful girlfriend, but the invite is out there.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you man! F*** the govn't! Down with boring ass jobs! If I could pay the bills with my art & crafts, I'd be one happy ducky. But reality sucks. If you find a place to live fir cheap, preferably tropical, let Chris & I know. We will join you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I tell you my dad wants to build a vacation home in Jamaica in the next few years? I am pushing for that hard! lol. I am getting dual citizenship too, my plan is coming together! If you guys want to come I can buy land there with citiznship for you guys too :D! Or we could all just live at the house together if that ever happens haha... We can do a tentative diabolical planning session later, MWAHAHAAHH! (Evil Laugh)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep!!! That sounds perfect... Carribean sun, beach and no worryabout time. Love it! If your mom can hook us up with a job.. That would be awesome!!! Lol I'd move there in a second.

    ReplyDelete