Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Legacy Continues!!!

So as I said yesterday I won tickets to the premier of Tron Legacy, a kind of sequel to the 1982 original Tron, very exciting!  I remember I watched the original when I was probably 7-9 years old and I thought it was amazing, simply because I was young and it was a few years after it came out only.  The light cycles, space ship type machines and computer world was enough to turn any super cool 7-9 year old (me) into a geek for the next 20 years (duration of my life my life to date).  Anyway, I watched the original last weekend to prepare for the sequel that has now come almost 30 years after its predecessor and it was NOT as impressive as I remembered.  The costumes, hockey helmets, the graphics, well I mean common, 30 years is a long time to advance all of these things... I still liked getting to know the characters again and just getting a better feel for the story, which I had all but forgotten all of the minor details.  I also enjoy watching movies like that which I loved from childhood, its very nostalgic.
 
Tron Legacy last night was great in my opinion!  Everyone I went with, including my gf liked it as well.  The visuals were AMAZING (seriously I loved it, I am still trying to figure out of the main villain was a CGI or if he was green screened... I could not tell), sound was great, a very powerful movie I thought.  I like the way that entire world was put together, the architecture was very simple, very clean, like you would think a computer world would be.   The story was good, gave us Tron fans enough information on the time between the movies, and still would not bore any newcomers + major action.  It also had a decent ending which left no base for a sequel to be seen in the future, then again neither did the first Tron, so who knows.  I am trying not to spoil the movie for anyone, even though no one reads this lol, (Ashelle, go watch it its REAL good) so I basically put not details obviously.
 
The creators of this movie did an excellent job, and they could not have picked a better time to release it.  Tron is an epic movie for many people and the sequel is not a let down in any way.  I recommend this movie totally, so if you are a semi-geek or like fast bikes, new worlds, big action, and even bigger explosions, CHECK IT OUT!  But I will say that the 3D might not be necessary, yes its cool, and I got it for free because of my being a winner and all, but would I pay for it...hmmm, its a toss up for this one.  There were a couple parts where I jumped back because things were flying directly at me, well only one that I can notably remember, but other parts were still cool for sure!  Maybe just the cheap 3D would be worth it, not IMAX or anything lol.  Bottom line the movie was great, basically it was everything I had anticipated!
 
Tempus Fugit... but not on the grid ;)
 
YC

1 comment:

  1. Arg... A fellow blogger who did this review, "pop champagne" might have convienced me to see it... Not you :-p Maybe Chris and I will wait to DVD. I still think it's a geek flick. With no zombies so not cool.

    ReplyDelete